Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Messy Monday: Kool-Aid Play Doh

Excited to make "green booger play-doh"
Summer has officially begun, and as I lay in bed last night, I realized something.
I have no rainy-day plans for the girls!
My mind was so set on swimming every day before lunch and dinner, that I forgot about the rainy days. What are we going to do if the weather doesn't cooperate with out plans to swim all day, everyday?
Of course this morning, we woke up to dreary skies, and threats of rain.
Hazel hammin' it up for the camera
The girls ate breakfast, destroyed the living room, watched "Littlest Pet Shop", and had baths all before 11am. Now what? The sun kept poking in and out of the clouds. Teasing us with threats of rain, and promises of a beautiful day. I didn't want to get completely ready for the pool, just for the sky to open up, and slam us with a rain storm. Annabelle has also been complaining all morning of an earache. I shouldn't be too surprised, as she probably spent more time under water than out of the water in the past three days.
I took a quick donut break
I poked around the internet, and after deciding to make another batch of my Pumpkin Play Doh, I set out to collect my ingredients.
Then it caught my eye. Lemon-Lime Kool-Aid we purchased a while back, in attempt to dye Annabelle's hair green. I recalled seeing several links to Kool-Aid Play Doh recipes, and decided today would be a great day to try something new.
The process was very similar to the Pumpkin Play Doh we made in September.
Follow the directions here to make your own. Coconut oil was my oil of choice, and I used two Kool-Aid packets, instead of just one.
This Play Doh turned out very soft and smooth, and the color was way more vibrant than I had expected. However, I wasn't too crazy about the smell. Maybe it was just the variety of Kool-Aid I chose. The scent wasn't overpowering though, so it wasn't an issue.
Try this recipe yourself, using other varieties, and let me know what you think. You could mix & match different varieties, or even use three of four packets.


This is all you need










Annabelle made a baby

 



I just made a smiley face
If the paci is in the mouth, the play-doh won't be
.

No comments:

Post a Comment